Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Nanny?

No, not Super Nanny or Nanny 911.
I get the "Live in Nanny" She or he, in which case he's a "Manny"Lives in your house & you usually get her form Switzerland or Germany. I get the Nanny that stays during the week, then goes home.
Anyhow.
I also get having a or getting a "Sitter".
I watch 2 kids, after school, some days until 5:30. That is you ain't home by 5:30, your children will be unsupervised..not really. But close.
I am their "sitter" I am not their "Nanny" "Au Pair" to be real fancy.

So my point?
Today at the bus stop, the neighbor said "her Nanny" Blah Blah Blah..whatever else she said was not important.
She has a "Sitter". Not a "Nanny" It is annoying. She has a HS chick that comes over a couples hours at a time a few days a month.
Is it regional, calling a Sitter a Nanny? Does that just happen here?
Does that just bug me?
Just a random thought.

No comments: