Thursday, February 28, 2008

Just a word before I go..to bed, that is..

Have I told you the teenager will be in High School next year?
I mean High School!
Do you remember what you were like in High School?
Because I remember what I was like in High School, and I am scared for Me & The KeepersDad.

Well, the only hopes I have are these:
She is an athlete, it keeps her busy. That it will continue to keep her busy.
And
By this time, I had already "gone wild"..maybe she will not "go wild"

This keeps me up at night, or at the very least, the thought that we have to meet with her guidance counselor next week and act like real live grown up parents of a kid going to High school.

Yes, I have done the math TheTeenager will be a senior when TheToddler goes to Kindergarten. The thought alone, makes me cry.
I remember TheTeenager's first day in Kindergarten..all dressed in her fresh & clean Catholic School Uniform. I remember her pig tails & curls & purple backpack.
I remember my dad, trying so hard to be a good Pop-pop.
Now, she will be in High School.
My dad is long passed.
and I must get dressed and act like an adult. I must put on my big girl panties, and face the world.
Remember ladies & gentlemen, I am a teacher. (or was) I did go to college. I used to work in a real school.
I guess it's just the thought of High School. I was horrible & rebellious. I cut class, I drank and I smoked.
I guess I hope what we all hope, That our kids turn out better then us.

No comments: