Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do.

So I don't watch old reruns of I love Lucy, but I had to go there.
and Here: Crazy for Lucy, or crazy for ordinary people?

I am going crazy. unmediated, unorganized and overwhelmed. I'm the circus act the balances all the plates and juggles all at the same time. They never drop anything. Forgive this one: But I drop the ball everyday.
My story, for all that care is this: (short version) I was a horrible teenager. I was horrible to my parents. My dad kicked me out at 17, after I barely graduated HS. He didn't like my BF. (Dad=Archie Bunker) I survived. I went to college. I was fiercely independent and stubborn. I got Pregnant with TheTeenager. Not my life plan, But I went with it..(BTW, she saved my life.)Got married & Had TheTeenager. 6wks later, I left. Packed up my Hyundai and hit the road. Remember, Fiercely independent. I struggled. I worked My ass off, I graduated, and raised TheTeenager. Never took a dime of help. Yay me.
So here I am today. Struggling with my decision to stay home. Blessed with the opportunity, but still, overwhelmed. Dh is old school, he makes enough. He is the man, having his wife work is insulting. But I knew this. Struggling with the mixed message I send to my girls. Strong and independent. Do I even believe this? Have I lost that about me? Really where have I gone?
So I have a PT "job". I sell shit on Ebay. I watch "theOthers". So I will always have money. I will never be my mother. (think Edith Bunker) My girls will never see what I saw.
So. Here I am today. caught between my beliefs and what is best for both of my girls. Caught in two worlds with a toddler and a teenager, both learning about the word

So Crazy for me or crazy for ordinary people? I don't know yet.
stick around, maybe we can all work out life's problems. Then together we can save the world. Or save me. Either one, I'll be happy.
Like Ashley, I am all about me. (<---Great reading, BTW) Again I am sorry Holly, =) really. I meant to send peace and love. (<---Also Great Reading)

No comments: