Monday, March 3, 2008

My 12th Man.

The Redkins, are the Pro Football team that rules this house.
Go Skins.!
The 'Skins have Sean Taylor, he is their 12th man.
You may also have heard this saying in the Seattle area.

My 12th man is my father. He is long passed.
I will say, a less then stellar man when he was here.
But I do know he is here with us. I know he is a changed man in his new digs. I am sure he has all his parts and his health back.

I say this because I have been having this dream. Every night. It wakes me up at 1:05 am and I am then awake all night.
In the dream, my father is walking & can see again. He is sweet and kind, he tells me it will all be OK, that he is watching. That he is our 12th man. That he is watching TheKeeper & helping her find her way. He told me that he was there "that day". That day she made "that save". I do know exactly which day "that" is. He said he calmed her & he told her which way to go. He talked about his mom, and how she is honored that TheToddler has her name. That I shouldn't worry. That in time he will also help TheToddler find her way. That he is so proud and he is sorry.
See, now "help her find her way" is something I asked him to do, after he left. At his wake.
So, this is why I can't sleep. I am shaken. Since last Wednesday night. Every night, the same dream but each night he tells me a different story.

Weird I know.

No comments: