Saturday, November 8, 2008

I am a Republican. Not Racist. Period

First I voted for John McCain.
He was the Republican candidate.
I didn't vote for Barack Obama
He was the Democratic candidate.

Simple
Not Racist.

My first husband, was black.
My first daughter, has a black father.

I voted on what I believe in for this country.

I also had some concern.
1. The small business my husband owns, will have to lay off some hopeful Obama voters, because of all the new taxes on us "rich business owners"..They will be without the health insurance provided, at great cost, by the company...Oh, but never fear..Barack will give them health insurance.
2. My daughters inheritance, already taxed once. Will be taxed again. Because us "rich middle class" folk. Who have had parents leave their children's children money..well poor folk don't have any rich parents.
See, this money, from my husbands parents, gifted each year, will put her thru college. It will help her after college, with her masters.
They have already paid taxes on it. They will pay again when they give it too her..and if Barack has his way she will pay again.
(saving more for later..)

I voted for the Republican. Because he was Republican. Not because the Democrat was black.

It is not my duty to help the poor with my money. It is my duty to pay taxes. It is my duty to feed my family. Heat my home.

I was single. I was poor. I know how "it" is. I walked that mile in those shoes. But, I did it. I graduated college. I paid my bills. Had a job, a car and a house. I was really really poor.
Oh yes, all with no child support. Nothing, nada. zip. zero.
To date, I put braces on her teeth. Eyeglasses and contacts. Clothes. Food. Inhalers. Eye drops. School Clothes. Soccer cleats. Softball cleats. My husbands parents will pay for her college education.

Where is her father? Waiting for his money Obama promised him. From my pocket..again.
Gee Thanks Obama. Don't know how I even got this far with out you!

I am not racist.
Nor am I entitled to money I did not earn.

1 comment:

The Beach Life said...

Have I told you how much I love you today;)

Check your email later tonight or tomorrow! We have some great pics, I just need to watermark and edit a few:) The sun finally came out.

I also added you to my blog roll!